The EVOLVE Gap Experience is a 10 week program that will transform your life through adventure, skills development and meaningful relationships. Aimed at discovering your unique purpose in life as an individual and then motivating you to make an impact in the world around you.
The main part of the program is presented against the beautiful backdrop of the Limpopo Province, South Africa.
During this time we will also travel to the breathtaking coastline of Kwazulu Natal.
It consists of 3 pillars that interlink throughout the program
- character development
- skills development
- goal setting and outcomes
Most of our courses are introductory courses that will give EVOLVE team members different experiences. These courses are all included in the EVOLVE program fee and certificates will be issued after completion of these courses. If team members want to do a more in depth course like for example the International Open Water Diver scuba course, then an extra fee will be charged and need to be arranged and paid in advance.
The following courses are presented as part of the EVOLVE GAP EXPERIENCE 2020:
- Introduction to the coffee industry and Barista Skills Training
- Accredited Financial Management 101
- SETA Accredited First Aid Level 1
- SETA Accredited First Aid Level 2
- Birding Course
- Accredited Reptile Orientation Course
Optional Courses (not covered by the EVOLVE program fee):
- ISS Internationally Accredited Open Water Diver (extra €300)
Some of the activities presented as part of the EVOLVE GAP EXPERIENCE:
- Game Drives
- Visiting the world renowned Kruger National Park nature reserve
- Visiting Ushaka Marine World and Water Park in Durban
- Learn to surf and snorkel in the warm Indian Ocean
- Zip-lining and Water Tubing in the majestic Magoebaskloof
- Basic survival skills
- Household skills
- Vehicle maintenance skills
- Horse riding on an African farm
- Learn to dance
- Try Scuba Session
- Basics of film making
- Community Outreach Program
- The basics of teaching and public speaking (practical sessions presented at The Lighthouse Academy primary school)
- Traditional African Village experiences (African cuisine, Fishing, Pottery)
- …and more
Although we have a lot of activities, these activities are used as a springboard to engage team members in our young adult development program which focus on teaching each person the necessary life skills to engage the world around them.
The EVOLVE GAP EXPERIENCE is truly a jam packed adventure of a life-time, helping you discover what makes you tick! We pride ourselves in the fact that only a small group of between 10 – 15 young adults at a time are allowed to participate in our ten week program, ensuring that each team member gets the individual attention they need to excel. So make sure that you book your spot on this adventure of a lifetime!